Jenna Bush Hager's Wedding Cake Details???????

Lounge By addietx Updated 17 May 2008 , 6:30pm by Momkiksbutt

kaylorco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylorco Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #31 of 51

Aren't we IN the Lounge already?? icon_lol.gif

I think the cake is gorgeous (even tho it's leaning) and her dress is beautiful too!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:25pm
post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylorco

Aren't we IN the Lounge already?? icon_lol.gif

I think the cake is gorgeous (even tho it's leaning) and her dress is beautiful too!

That is too funny.......didn't even realize. icon_smile.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:33pm
post #33 of 51

I'm a complete cake snob and find it just a bit gratifying that you can see the "layers" underneath the icing. Even the white house's pastry chef has his off days!! I doubt the top tier is supposed to lean like that. The flowers are a coverup!! I mean why make just the top tier lean on such a beautiful and elegant looking cake?? We have to remember that the cake was outside in the Texas heat and humidity and was probably struggling!! And the dress is just stunning!! Wish I had the figure to wear a dress like that!!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:24pm
post #34 of 51

I saw a picture on this website tonight...but already forgot where, of a top tier that had an intentional "lean". It sat on a metal "frame" that had a tilt.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm wondering if you could see it from the other side, if this cake would be the same.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 May 2008 , 3:49am
post #35 of 51

I believe I have seen that before, also. It enables you to look forward at the cake yet still have a view of the top of the cake. I don't remember where I saw it though.

So maybe the tilt of the top tier is intentional after all.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:42am
post #36 of 51

Well, since we're in the Lounge and it's safe to weigh in on the maiden name debate, let me just say how very glad I was to ditch mine...it was Wack. In elementary school they called me Patty Wack. In middle school they called me Wackoff, and in high school (because of that song) they called me Wiggy Wack.

I got married when I was 18 icon_biggrin.gif and I was so happy to lose my maiden name. Nobody can pronounce my married name right (It's Hispanic but they get confused when they see me and call me Mrs. GayTan, said just like it looks) but it's better than Wack. I don't think a hyphenated name would have worked either...Wack-Gaytan or Gaytan-Wack...nope, neither one would have been good. And if I had kept my name, then which name would my kids have had? or would they have had to be wack-gaytan icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and back to the cake...I would guess if they had it outside in a tent, they had some portable air-conditioners set up in there. They do that in the really big tents sometimes. It is true that if the white house pastry chef came to Texas to make the cake, he might have had trouble getting his buttercream to behave well, even in the air conditioning. Half the things I read in books have to be adapted to work here.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:53pm
post #37 of 51

I like it. I wish I could see it better. That is the same picture I see everywhere.
My DD will be getting married soon, and it seems a nice style for her.

If anyone can get a close up. Please post it...

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 13 May 2008 , 2:43pm
post #38 of 51

I am trying to find another view of the cake but have not been able to find one yet......BUT...... I DID find this adorable family photo and thought it was so funny that Pres. Bush is totally clueless as to where he is supposed to be looking!

And I think both daughter are just lovely but what's up with Barbara? She appears to be so UN-natural in all of the photos!

The cake is pretty I really want to see a better photo!
LL

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 13 May 2008 , 3:08pm
post #39 of 51

The photo I posted earlier is the photo that is being used for souviniers in Texas. I doubt any other ones will be released for a while if at all.
Jenna's dress is beautiful as well as her sisters and mom's. They are a beautiful family. I wish them all the best.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 13 May 2008 , 10:29pm
post #40 of 51

That is the only pic I saw, too. It is a pretty cake, simple, classy

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:08am
post #41 of 51

I just found this new bite about the cake.

http://www.glam.com/blogs/she_knows_parties/jenna_bushs_wedding_cake

Personally, I don't think the tilt is pretty, it looks like a mistake, and the icing looks bulged on the "non-flower" side of it. Not one for the memory books, but at least the bride was happy with it.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #42 of 51

Thanks for sharing that info., momkicksbutt!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 14 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #43 of 51

Just wanted to put in a note about the last name. My son is getting married at the end of the month and he and his future wife will both be hyphenating their last names. I have not seen how it will be written out, meaning if his name or hers will come first or last. I did ask him how will his children's names be written and he was not sure. I just told him that I hoped that their names would fit all the blanks that are usually on official forms. I also said it would be confusing when it came to filing paperwork with both of their names. Which one comes first when filing their names for reports? Anyone know?

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:00am
post #44 of 51

I think the cake is simple and elegant which is what I would expect from her. I think she is so pretty too icon_biggrin.gif The minute I saw the picture on the news I thought how can that top really be leaning like that???? I have't heard who made it , has anyone?

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

Just wanted to put in a note about the last name. My son is getting married at the end of the month and he and his future wife will both be hyphenating their last names. I have not seen how it will be written out, meaning if his name or hers will come first or last. I did ask him how will his children's names be written and he was not sure. I just told him that I hoped that their names would fit all the blanks that are usually on official forms. I also said it would be confusing when it came to filing paperwork with both of their names. Which one comes first when filing their names for reports? Anyone know?

First of all, your doggies are adorable. icon_biggrin.gif

I have a friend who's grandaughter has 2 last names (because her parents aren't married or even together). There is a hyphen between the two last names, so they put the 2 last names in the last name blank when filling out paperwork. The mother's last name goes first, then the dad's last name after the hyphen.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:15pm
post #46 of 51

I think it would have looked better to have the top cut on a slant, rather than propped; but I really like the sides.

I can't get that glam site to open, has anyone else? It just keeps running. Darn it! I wanted to see another side!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:28pm
post #47 of 51

The picture on the glam site is the same as the one on the 1st page. As for the tiliting. I don't know why you would need to "see" the top of the tier when it's pretty visable. Plus, if you look at the bottom edge of that tier the icing is bulging where it's tilted.

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:52pm
post #48 of 51

I thought the cake was pretty. Not what I would have picked for myself, but it seems to fit their style.

On the last name issue, I was Crystal Allen, and my husband is Allen Zimmer. Yep, my maiden name is his first name! So I hyphenated my name to Crystal Allen-Zimmer. Not only because it's cute, but because I promised my brother that he wouldn't be the last Allen. I joked around while we were planning the Allen-Zimmer wedding that I wouldn't need to show up! icon_biggrin.gif

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #49 of 51

Yeah the first thing I noticed was the big bulge in the front of the top tier. I donât get the tilted top tier part of the design but the rest of the cake is gorgeous.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:27am
post #50 of 51

This explains it:
www.mixmingleglow.com/blog

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #51 of 51

I just checked out that link......

What idiots!! Poor Jenna. You and I all know how even though the bride is going to happy over all on her special day, the cake is a very big detail that she is definately not going to miss!

What a thoughtless thing it was for the florists and security people to have done.

I posted my comments about this on that link.....

If I were the bride I'd be chewing out some secret security butt!!! And the florist for taking it upon themselves to "redesign" her very special cake! I wonder what they would have done if they broke apart that teir moving it around?? From the looks of bulging side of the teir, that was not far off.

What idiots.... icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%