What Is The Best Way To Freeze Cakes?

Decorating By maude Updated 12 May 2008 , 12:29am by maude

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I would wrap them in plastic wrap and then foil. Is this what most of you do?

4 replies
1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 5

I wrap mine in saran wrap and then wrap it again in saran wrap. I have had no problem with NOT using foil. That being said, I only keep mine frozen for less than a week.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 5

Just wrap them up in plastic, make sure to have a nice seal. I usually wrap them in one direction and then the other. Then just freeze them. No need to foil them.

When you take them out, be sure to leave them wrapped or they will be dry. The moisture will evaporate uncovered. And in fact, this makes them just a touch more moist.

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask!

Lisa

thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 5

That is fine. Just don't forget the plastic. If they are in foil only it quickly develops pin holes and hyour cake will suffer badlyicon_sad.gif

Once out of the overn, let cool about 10 minutes in the pan; turn them out onto a cooling rack for another 10-20 minutes then you can wrap them up.
Use enough plasticicon_smile.gif Several layers is best. Don't pull it githt so as to warp the cake. Once it is ready to place in the fzr besure it sits level again so as not to warp it.

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for the information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%