Peanutbutter Pie

Baking By Susie43727 Updated 12 May 2008 , 3:06am by Susie43727

Susie43727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie43727 Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have the recipe for peanutbutter pie that has a layer of peanutbutter in the bottom? I have looked for this recipe everywhere but I can't find it. Thanks and have a good day!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 3

Maybe this will fill the bill! icon_biggrin.gif

I found a recipe that I tweaked to make it just like the Perkin's Peanut Butter Silk Pie. It's from "PILLSBURY THE COMPLETE BOOK OF BAKING". All I did was add a layer of ganache before I added the peanut butter filling.

Regular Pie crust

Filling:
2 eggs, separated, at room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 (5 oz.) can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk or milk
1 tsp vanilla

Prepare pastry for Filled one-crust pie using a 9-inch pie pan.

Pour a layer of ganache into crust. (Make the ganache a bit thicker than you normally would use.)

Heat oven to 350. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In large bowl, beat egg yolks and brown sugar until mixture is light in color and thickened. Blend in peanut butter and corn syrup. Gradually beat in milk and vanilla. Fold egg whites into peanut butter mixture. Pour into pastry lined pan.

Oven: 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition per serving: calories 320, protein 9 gr, fat 18 gr, sodium 240mg. Adding the ganache will alter these numbers, however.

Susie43727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie43727 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:06am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much. I can't wait to try this recipe. My hubby loves peanutbutter pie and is driving me crazy about making one. Thanks again. Susie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%