Help!! What Kind Of Airbrush Works Best For Cakes?

Decorating By MomR Updated 11 May 2008 , 5:27pm by Tona

MomR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomR Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to begin airbrushing my cakes. I have purchased some paint but don't know what kind of airbrush to get!

I'm sure someone here could help me!

Thanks.

Ruth
(Newbie in cakes)

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 6

I have an aztek model 470 and love it. You have to be carful of the compressor you get though. It should have a max of 30 PSI or it will blow the frosting off your cake.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:37am
post #3 of 6

Kopy Kake airbrushes work great, but make sure you get the airmaster compresor, it's very good!

Jen icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:51am
post #4 of 6

if your looking at just the airbrush gun, get one with the cup on top, needs less pressure to spray. holds enough colour from a few drops to 1/2 tsp. more then you need. and its easy to refill. you can get either a single action (pull back on trigger and colour will flow) or a double action airbrush, (push trigger down to control air flow, pull back to control colour spray) the single action will be fine. then when you look for a compressor it needs to be able to work at low psi, 10 - 15.

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 11 May 2008 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 6

I have a CO2 Tank a large one with a gage on it. I fill it once a year for 15 dollars and I think putting it together cost me around 75 dollars. If you have a welding friend, they would be able to hook you up for less! I love it, there is no noise and it is a constant spray as opposed to the compressor I find that it gives me splotches. That is my opinion anyway. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 11 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 6

I have the Air Master from Kopy Kake and I love it it works well have had no problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%