Cake Pan Suggestions?

Decorating By boothgirlz Updated 13 May 2008 , 3:32am by leily

boothgirlz Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 11

What brand is the best for cakes? I have a few but would like to invest in some really good sturdy pans. My most popular size right now is 11x15 but I would like to get different sizes and shapes as well.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Leann

10 replies
chutzpah Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 11

Magic Line. Worth every penny (or euro, or krona, or pound, or yen, or zloty, rupee, and rubel). The best pans I have ever used.

have_your_cake Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:17am
post #3 of 11

I have a few magic line and love them. I mostly have Wilton and they are ok. Stay away from the shaped pans for the most part; they have really limited uses.

alanahodgson Posted 11 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 11

For sure magic line. I've tried wilton. Even their decorator perferred pans caused major doming and the edges of the cakes were way too brown. Fat Daddios are a short step above Wilton. Magic Line cause even flat baking and no extra browning. Their heavy and sturdy. You can't go wrong. The square/rectagular pans are rather expensive compared to the rounds, but so worth it!

boothgirlz Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much. I knew I could come here for great advice. I will be buying magic line cake pans this summer! Can't wait to make a cake in one. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakebelle Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Magic Line. Worth every penny (or euro, or krona, or pound, or yen, or zloty, rupee, and rubel). The best pans I have ever used.

Ditto, ditto, ditto................I love my magic line pans so much that I gave away the wilton ones to one of my friends, who unlike me is an occasional baker! icon_wink.gif

debster Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 11

The square Magic Line pans sure do leave nice crisp corners. thumbs_up.gif

ShopGrl1128 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:

Where did you buy yours???

chutzpah Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:31pm
post #9 of 11

I purchased mine here:

www.cheftools.com

The only place I found that had EVERYTHING I wanted actually in stock.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:10pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you!
I will try to order mine tonight, I need good pans asap.

leily Posted 13 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakebelle

Quote:

Ditto, ditto, ditto................I love my magic line pans so much that I gave away the wilton ones to one of my friends, who unlike me is an occasional baker! icon_wink.gif

I have been giving my wilton pans away also as I replace them... my friend sure loves it though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%