Help, Quick Please!!

Decorating By sinfullysweettreat Updated 12 May 2008 , 3:20am by sinfullysweettreat

sinfullysweettreat Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 6

I know I am such an idiot, but my son was distracting me and here is what I did wrong. I am making a half chocolate/half white 1/2 sheet cake and I used box cakes. I put all of the ingredients in the white side but I forgot to put the eggs in the chocolate side. I didn't realize it until it had already been in there for about 15 minutes, too late to pull it out. I looks to be rising. What will happen? Will it taste really nasty? I know I know!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

5 replies
HerBoudoir Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 6

Box cakes are designed to pretty much turn out almost no matter what you do. Just let it bake and see what happens.

sinfullysweettreat Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 6

ok, it is finished and it sank just a little on the side where the white connects. Should I rebake or just fill with icing? I cut a very small bite out to try and it tastes fine. Just would like someone elses opinion. I could even post some pics of it if it would help. Thanks again

Meemawfish Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:31am
post #4 of 6

As long as it taste good and is something you could fix I would go with it. If it doesn't taste good I would rebake just to be on the safe side. thumbs_up.gif

grama_j Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:49am
post #5 of 6

If you are selling it, I would rebake..... it will not taste as good as the cake they are used to.....

sinfullysweettreat Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 6

The cake did turn out well and tasted fine. I am not sure how the customer liked it, guess I will know tomorrow. This is a new client, so she doesn't usually know the taste of my "good" cakes!! Thanks everyone for all of your support

Quote by @%username% on %date%