How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?

Decorating By sassycleo Updated 11 May 2008 , 12:30am by wgoat5

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 8

Not a big fancy cake, but I have a customer due here shortly and I realized I never quoted her a price and now I don't know what to charge her for this.

8In, 2 Layer Yellow with Creme Brule Icing/Filling. Butter Cream with fondant rosary(threaded on string with needle) and Fondant Bible along with the edible image for the writing.

Help!!!!!!
LL

7 replies
sassycleo Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone????

<bump>

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 8

40 for the cake, extra 5 bucks for the fondant stuff, so $45. Very pretty cake!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 8

that's sounds right to me. icon_wink.gif

sassycleo Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 8

Whew!!! Your replies came in after the customer picked up the cake. This one kinda through me as I haven't done much with fondant accent work on the top of a small cake like this.

$45 is exactly what I had told her so I'm really glad I wasn't way off over or under on the pricing. I always seem to have an issue with this area. I'm a bargain hunter so I guess because I've always had this train of thought I figure everyone else does as well.

Thanks so much for the kind comments - I was really happy with the way this turned out!!

Thanks again ladies !
Alicia

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:13am
post #6 of 8

Love the cake! I would have paid more... That cake in Toronto would go for 55/60$.

I would love to get your recipe for the Creme Brule Icing/Filling... if you do not mind. icon_smile.gif It sounds so good!
Cheers

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #7 of 8

Pricing is one of the hardest things to do. GET CAKEBOSS at least you will know what you should be charging. Its well worth the money

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #8 of 8

Alicia I get 55 to 65 for my 8 inch cakes.. depending on decoration.. Charge for your time girlfriend icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%