Had To Share This Cool Tip!

Decorating By korkyo Updated 11 May 2008 , 3:21pm by lara3teach

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 19

This came to me in an email.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it sand, "Press tab to lock end," or "Press to secure roll." Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it hadone too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I went and looked and sure enough there it is. The locking tabs. I never knew. It's the little things that make life easier.
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
jmpearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmpearl Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 19

I had no idea it was there, thanks so much for sharing!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 19

Oh my goodness, I just ran over to my foil and saran wrap and locked them. lol. Who would have ever known. I hate it when I end up pulling the whole roll of foil out and it crumbles.. Also the saran wrap, and then I get so frustrated because it is all stuck together, and I end up throwing that part away. Thanks so much for your glorious insight on this!!!! hehe.
thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 19

on my way to the kitchen.. thanks soooo much..

CHuffmyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHuffmyer Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 19

GET OUT! I had no idea! I always get sooooo frustrated when the roll falls out of the box. THANK YOU!!!!

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 19

Wow, you've seriously made my day, I'm not kidding!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 19

i never thought about that...the many times i had problems with the foil coming out. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif thanks for the tip. icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 19

OMG! I'm so happy to know this. I just locked mine, it will make life si much easier.

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 11 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #9 of 19

WOW!! Thanks! I just locked my foil in!! I can't believe I have never seen that before!! LOL Isn't it funny the little things that can make your day??

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:04am
post #10 of 19

Gee. I learn something new everyday, and it's usually here on CC. Thank you.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 May 2008 , 5:58am
post #11 of 19

Are you kidding me!? All these years of holding on to that tapedshut.gif roll!
THANKS FOR SHARING!

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:10am
post #12 of 19

I remember that same "Ah ha" moment when I discovered the locking tabs last year! It was a great day! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 May 2008 , 7:50am
post #13 of 19

Thanks for posting! I can't believe I never noticed this!!!!!

To think how many times I've thrown out foil paper because it's fallen and gotten all crumpled!

Thanks!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 May 2008 , 7:53am
post #14 of 19

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I've always used it...but I have a strange habit of reading every word on every package that I ever bring home icon_redface.gif don't know why, but I always have.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:16am
post #15 of 19

LOL This is pretty funny. I discovered these things almost a year and a half ago. I was trying to get the roll of foil out of the box (it had been my mother's and after I cleaned up her apt. after her passing and ran out of my own, I used that box) and I had trouble getting the roll out. Imagine my surprise when I saw those tabs holding it in! And how annoying I found them! lol

Guess, to each her own. They actually annoyed me because the brand had the cutting edge in a place I didn't like (didn't protect hands from the 'blade') and I wanted to put that full roll into my own empty box and practically had to rip those tabs off to get the roll out!

I use them more for the plastic than the foil. Happy tabbing, all! icon_lol.gif

cakeflake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:57am
post #16 of 19

How funny! I never knew this! wow -I am enlightened and can now go spread my new found wisdom to the other poor unenlightened souls I care about. If I don't care about them they can figure it out on they're own icon_lol.gif he he

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:05am
post #17 of 19

Man oh man....that's been in our faces all these years!!

I've just checked, and found them on my cling film box...wish it WERE Saran Wrap icon_sad.gif The wax paper and foil don't, but I dont' have as much a problem with them. Thanks for the heads up, korkyo!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:35pm
post #18 of 19

If there was an award for Best Tip of the Day....you'd win hands down!!

lara3teach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lara3teach Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:21pm
post #19 of 19

Thanks for sharing! I had no idea these were there. They weren't on my Saran box, but my foil is safely tucked in! thumbs_up.gif It never ceases to amaze me what I learn on this site!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%