Kitchen Aid Mixer

Baking By sugarinspired Updated 11 May 2008 , 6:57am by sugarinspired

sugarinspired Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone. So i been using a hand mixer and thats not gonna work for me anymore that hurts my hand and arm more than decorating cookies. I want to buy a kitchen aid, but there are too many to choose from help

7 replies
peg818 Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 8

I would say to take stock of what you need to use the mixer for. Are you in business (or want to be) if you are you may need the biggest 6qt, if not the 4 1/2 qt may work fine for you. I have the 5 qt cause that was available and the largest as the time of purchase.

Once you figure out where you are going to display your mixer, cause this will be on your counter, they are heavy and big so you really don't want to be lifting that baby in an out of a cupboard somewhere. Then the big decision is COLOR they come in so many neat colors that its really hard to choose.

BTW: Yes they are kindof pricey but in the 10yrs or so that i have had mine i have never had a problem with it.

Texas_Rose Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 8

I have a Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer. I just got it in February, and it's so great that I wish I had bought it years ago. They had a model at Walmart with a smaller bowl and less power, that was $100 cheaper than mine...but the bigger bowl has already come in handy, plus this mixer came with a pouring shield that is actually good for keeping a cloud of powdered sugar from coming out everywhere when I make frosting.

It does need its own counter space because it weighs around 25 lbs, so you don't want to move it from cabinet to counter every time you use it. Then again, it looks really nice on the counter icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TnSwtHart Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 8

I bought my kitchen aide 12 years ago. It is a 5 qt heavy duty. Originally, I wanted it because my mother had hers for so long with a large family. I bought mine with monetary gifts when we got married at a kitchen appliance discount store. It was refurbished and around $250. It is still going strong and I use it to also make bread from scratch. I would not trade it for the world! thumbs_up.gif

rvercher23 Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 8

For a few months I used my friends Kitchen aid Classic mixer, and it was great. But recently I got a Red Kitchen Aid Professional series and it is great. It is so much better than the classic. It has the 5 qt bowl, and it is perfect size. You can find some pretty good deals for them on ebay. I would go with the professional series, but that is just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 8

lowe's has 20% off of KA mixers right now.

cookingfor5 Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #7 of 8

I really loved my last KA mixer, but recently got a new one. I had used my old one at least 2 times a week for the past 10 years and needed a new one because the hinge, where you lift the mixer, was wearing out. I am sure I could have it worked on, but I decided getting a new one for heavy duty work and using this for little things was a better idea. My new KA I think is the 600 series professional style where you raise the bowl. My husband found it for $100 off on a closeout sale because the Kitchenaid emblem was stamped wrong in the manufacturing. At least that is the only thing we see wrong with it and it is a color they still sell. We also got free shipping, but I can't remember the site we got it from.

sugarinspired Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:57am
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone so i end getting the ultra power stand mixer. See how it goes. if i need bigger one i can always get it in the future. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%