Software For Macs

Business By Lenette Updated 15 May 2008 , 1:53am by Lenette

Lenette Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 7

My husband designed a lovely website for me however he does not have the time to maintain it. Does anyone know of a software program for Macs that would allow me to create and maintain it myself?

If it changes the look that's fine. Please know that I have NO knowledge of creating websites and honestly don't have time to learn. I need something that will allow me to enter info and change it to web ready format.

I hope that makes sense and is possible. I appreciate your suggestions. TIA! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cakemommy Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 7

My BIL is a Mac fanatic. I just asked him so I'll post when he lets me know if he can suggest anything.

Amy

cakemommy Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 7

Here's my BIL reply. Hopefully this will help you!

Good luck!

Amy
iWeb is the mac software for doing this. though my experience with it was that it made nice looking but highly unoptimized pages (ie, the images aren't compressed enough for quick download, etc) but its a good place to start.

Lenette Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 7

Great! Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

Jenn123 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 7

iWeb is OK unless you are already using it for personal websites also. The newest version has some quirks about using multiple websites. It would also require you to use your personal .mac account name as part of the address.

You would do better to find an online provider that is compatible with mac to create your website on. This way you can keep the address you already have. Something like "web site tonight" by GoDaddy.com might work. http://help.godaddy.com/article/1009
I'm sure there are others that are user friendly to mac.

cupcakecrazy Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 7

I use iWeb for my website but have had to do some "re-programming" for it to be more business oriented. All the templates they give you are geared for personal websites. If you are really mac savy it's not that hard. (Check out the iweb forums on apple.com) Otherwise, have you looked at a site like homestead.com? You do it all on-line and can be done on mac. It's okay, but a lot easier than the godaddy designer. Good Luck...

Lenette Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%