What To Charge For Rehearsal Dinner Cake?

Business By whitneysmere Updated 10 May 2008 , 3:03pm by whitneysmere

whitneysmere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitneysmere Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a 4 tier, 6, 8, 10 and 12 WASC cake with BC frosting and white choc. mousse with fresh strawberries filling.

I'm not in a business, but just making this for a friend. Its my second tiered cake, but first that I'm charging for.

I live in Akron, OH.

I'm doubling the WASC recipe and so it should serve about 50 people. I think?

Thanks for your help!

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneysmere

I'm making a 4 tier, 6, 8, 10 and 12 WASC cake with BC frosting and white choc. mousse with fresh strawberries filling.

I'm not in a business, but just making this for a friend. Its my second tiered cake, but first that I'm charging for.

I live in Akron, OH.

I'm doubling the WASC recipe and so it should serve about 50 people. I think?

Thanks for your help!

If your tiers are 4" high then your cake will serve 122 servings at a size of 1"x2"x4" (standard wedding and desert size) If you are only doing one layer of cake (2" high) in each tier then you will have about 61 servings of 2"x2"x2" (same amount of cake as above, just cut differently)

As for price, if you want to make money on this then you need to figure out howmuch per hour you want to make.

But first you will need to know how much your ingredients will cost you.

I don't know how many cups of batter one recipe of the WASC makes, however even for one layer of each of those sizes you will need a total of 19 cups of batter, so if you are doing two layers in each tier then you will need 38 cups of batter. I use a doctored box mix and get 6 cups of batter out of one box so I would need about 3 boxes for 2" tall cakes and 6 boxes for 4" tall cakes.

If I confused you let me know and I can try to break that down a little easier b/c i got wordy.

HTH

whitneysmere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitneysmere Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 3

I'm using two boxes of cake mix, plus an extra cup of flour from the WASC recipe. It should serve about 60 people from your estimations because I'm not doubling the tiers. They should be 2'' tall before filling.
I'm going to make a lot of gumpaste cherry blossom and maybe some gumpaste roses. I've never tried the roses before and so I may resort to bc if the GP doesn't work out.

I'm also going to the site to assemble on the day of dinner.
I'll have to figure out how many hours its going to take after I do.
As far as ingredients, I'm figuring about $20.00.
Thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%