How Many Drops Of Lorann Oil To Frosting Do U Use?

Decorating By paxpuella Updated 10 May 2008 , 1:00pm by MacsMom

paxpuella Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 7

Sorry if this is a repost, I looked and couldn't find a direct answer. I am wanting to frost cupcakes with a cheesecake tasting frosting but not have to keep them refrigerated. I have some of the LorAnn oil in cheesecake flavor, but am not sure what amount to use and it not be too overwhelming. If you figure about 3 cups of frosting, what have you used in the past?

Thanks for any help !!!

6 replies
dezzib27 Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:55am
post #2 of 7

i would try 1-2 drops and go from there.

HTH

Des

paxpuella Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:58am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzib27

i would try 1-2 drops and go from there.

HTH

Des

Thanks, when I looked at the LorAnn website, they posted 1/4 tsp and that sounded like a lot to me. Sometimes I never know if my taste buds are right or not, lol.

MacsMom Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:10am
post #4 of 7

When I make a batch of BC using 2 lbs PS, I add a whole dram of LoRann (1 tsp). Not sure how many cups are in one batch...

Bellesweets Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:19am
post #5 of 7

it actually depends on how strong of a taste you want. look at it as if you are making a pot of coffee the more you add the stronger it will be not adding enough it can be bitter or faint in taste try an eye drop full first its easier to make it strong than it is too weaken it. you also dont want the oils to over power the rest of the cake

paxpuella Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:09am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the responses everyone. I learned a very good lesson tonight, I should not be allowed to try to make icing after midnight. Somehow I ended up grabbing a 2 pound bag of sugar and not thinking and putting the whole thing into my bowl instead of only half. Ugh !! It is now after 1am, a full bottle of cheesecake flavoring used up and all I taste is sugar, lol. Time for bed.

Thanks for your help, as I will try this one again after I go to the store and buy more ingredients. icon_redface.gif

MacsMom Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 7

Try adding 1 tsp of butter flavored salt (like popcorn salt) to it. You can always freeze your BC for another cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%