Need Suggestions....(Making Mmf)

Decorating By apetricek Updated 11 May 2008 , 3:47am by mrs_morton

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:34am
post #1 of 6

I would like to make MMF, I have never made it. I see there are some recipes on here for it...Just wondered if anyone has a good recipe for this that they commonly use? Or which of the ones listed is the best to make? Thanks in advance....AMY

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:04am
post #2 of 6

they are all very similar. Start with a smaller version, to make it easier. Also, there is a variation that adds a dab of shortening. It does help the fondant come together.

Which ever one you choose, hold back at least 1/4 of the powdered sugar. The recipe may not need it and adding too much will make the fondant dry and crack.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 6

here is a site that has mmf recipe and more.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm
icon_wink.gif

sugarplumdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumdiva Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 6

I have used the recipe that Diane recommended and it was awesome. I used it on a bridal show cake. First time using it and it turned out perfect. HTH.

mrs_morton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrs_morton Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:46am
post #5 of 6

The like diane shared is the one to the only MMF I have ever made. It was the first I tried and I haven't needed to try any more. It works really well for me. I grease a large plastic bowl with Crisco. I also grease a wooden spoon. I follow the recipe as stated. I use the wooden spoon to get the fondant to start coming together. I get it to where it is pretty much big soft blob but it has a fair amount of powdered sugar in it. I found that wearing decorating gloves greased with Crisco is easier because the fondant doesn't stick to them as much as it would stick to my hands...even if they are covered in Crisco. The recipe is really easy and everyone who has eaten it likes it. I don't eat it but I'm glad to know it isn't as awful as Wilton's! Once the fondant is done you can put a thin layer of Crisco over it then wrap it in plastic wrap. I usually color my fondant what ever colors I need then throw them all (wrapped individually in plastic) in a plastic bowl with a lid. Sometimes I throw them in the refrigerator but you don't have to. I usually make my fondant a couple of days before I need it.

mrs_morton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrs_morton Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:47am
post #6 of 6

I meant to say the 'link' diane shared... not the 'like'! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%