Royal Icing In The Refrigerator?

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 12 May 2008 , 3:16pm by jessieb578

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:33am
post #1 of 8

I have a cake that I attached edible pearls to the cake with royal icing. Can I put this in the refrigerator?

7 replies
jessieb578 Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:40am
post #2 of 8

bump

I really hate to bump my own topic, but I really need to know quickly what to do with my cake

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:08am
post #3 of 8

I wish I had the answer for you, but I am not an expert. I don't know why you couldn't? For what reason are you thinking that you can't? Please....will a pro please help this person. Thanks ahead of time

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 8

I also can't see why you couldn't put that in the fridge?? Is the cake iced in BC? I know that BC will break down royal icing after a while, but it takes a while, in or out of the fridge. You should be fine.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 8

I put 2 mini cakes iced in all-butter BC in the fridge overnight, and they were covered in RI flowers I made and attached with dots of buttercream. When I took them out of the fridge, they flowers were a bit shiny (like they were sweating a bit), but were just fine when I brought them into the school for the teachers. I would think your pearls would be okay...

<S>

Pemby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pemby Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, you certainly can put it into refrigerator!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 8

I've refrigerated cakes with royal icing pearls and decorations many times, and have never had any problems.

jessieb578 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much everyone for your responses! I was so super nervous because this was my best friend's wedding cake! I'm also her maid of honor and was very nervous to have everyone at the wedding know that I made the cake....

Anyway, I did end up putting it in the refrigerator and they were just fine! Only 2 or 3 pearls fell off, but I think that was due to transport....

Thanks again everyone icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%