First Sprinkled Cake...

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 10 May 2008 , 4:54am by Cake_Princess

aligotmatt Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:15am
post #1 of 5

I delivered the Carolina cake in my pictures today for a rehearsal dinner... and a few minutes ago at 11:pm the event coordinator for the venue called me and said they had a fire tonight! that the sprinklers turned on and the cake was ruined. she asked if I could reproduce it by tomorrow afternoon for the reception with a note from them with their apologies! SURE! I can just whip up another cake... I only have 2 other cakes to finish by tomorrow afternoon, 2 consultations and 2 already finished cakes to deliver. LOL! She told me to send them a bill for whatever I want.

4 replies
KASCARLETT Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #2 of 5

Well at least they offered to pay for it! That is a really cute cake and looks like it was a lot of work!

apetricek Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #3 of 5

holy crap!!! what are the chances of that icon_eek.gif????? I think those non-cakers think we all have the magic oven that we can just whip up another cake in the blink of an eye....if you find one of those ovens, let me know I think I could use one of them! You poor thing I feel so bad for you, especially since your hard work couldn't even be appreciated!

micnmax2003 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:44am
post #4 of 5

Your cake was fantastic thumbs_up.gif Too bad about the fire.

Cake_Princess Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:54am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

I delivered the Carolina cake in my pictures today for a rehearsal dinner... and a few minutes ago at 11:pm the event coordinator for the venue called me and said they had a fire tonight! that the sprinklers turned on and the cake was ruined. she asked if I could reproduce it by tomorrow afternoon for the reception with a note from them with their apologies! SURE! I can just whip up another cake... I only have 2 other cakes to finish by tomorrow afternoon, 2 consultations and 2 already finished cakes to deliver. LOL! She told me to send them a bill for whatever I want.

If you can't do it get in touch with them and let them know. Otherwise, include a fee for a last minute/emergency cake. Make them aware of the fact that you will need to charge this fee because you had prior arrangements that you have to work around.

Nice cake by the way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%