Ok My Cc Friends I Need Your Help !

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 10 May 2008 , 4:03am by wgoat5

Molly2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #1 of 11

OK My CC Friends I Need Your Help
I posted this question the other day and Iâm going to ask it again
I have been asked to make a cake for about 150 people it will be a cake in honor of some volunteers in a Elementary school these people help out all year long with different functions I really want this to be a very nice cake they have never asked me to do this so I really want to out shine the theme is a Luau Theme please help any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the luau pictures and school pictures on this form and they are all great but I was hoping someone would have an idea as how to combine these two themes

Thank You

10 replies
aundrea Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:49am
post #2 of 11

hi molly,
how nice of you to do this.
i peak at your pictures, nice work!
maybe you can do a hawian theme cake with the volunteers (sculpted) chilin on the beach, maybe in a hammock, with drinks in their hands. taking a much deserved summer break.
sorry im not much help, good luck with the cake- im sure whatever you make will be greatly appreciated!

beemarie Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:56am
post #3 of 11

This site is one of my favorite cake sites:

I think you can get some great ideas from the cakes there!
I can't wait to see the photo of your creation icon_smile.gif

marthajo1 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:10am
post #4 of 11

You could do a grass skirt for the main cake and then a pair of flip flops on top. The grass skirt and floral leis go really fast.

See this one of mine to see what I mean:

shellzey Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:22am
post #5 of 11

www.cakelava.com is amazing. they had some great cakes for that theme. you could incorporate a slogan like "for our hard working volunteers, lei around and have a great summer" okay that was cheesie but i think you get the idea. LOL

wgoat5 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 11

oh that is a AWESOME site Bee!!!!

marthajo1 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:26am
post #7 of 11

Wow that sandcastle cake is totally amazing!

shellzey Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:27am
post #8 of 11

okay what if you did a beach theme and have a treasure chest washed up on the shore. plaque could say something about treasure the great volunteers at the school or something.

Molly2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #9 of 11

Thank You all so much these are really good ideas this really gives me something to work with all of these cakes are great and aundrea Thank you I only do this as a hobby I love the idea of the volunteers (sculpted) chilin on the beach. beemarie I love the website I only wish I could make cakes like that I especially love the volcano cake ( I wish I had the instruction to that cake) and marthajo1 I love your flip flops and grass skirt cake that is too cool

I would really love to incorporate all these ideas into this cake wouldn't that be just to cool icon_biggrin.gif

Molly2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #10 of 11

These ideas are so cool the treasure chest idea is great and sand castle oh my LOVE IT

Molly thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:03am
post #11 of 11

You could do a sand castle with fondant kids from school playing around it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%