Getting Ready To Buy An Airbrush, I Have A Few Questions...

Decorating By dandy207 Updated 10 May 2008 , 9:14pm by tiggy2

dandy207 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 2

Ive knowticed that kopykake is pretty popular, and while looking at them I found there is 2 different kinds, a smaller one and a larger. I plan on opening a bakery in the next 5 years, would it be wiser to go with the heavy duty one or is the smaller model ok? I am looking at these on sugarcraft. Also, Ive knowticed that alot of you are buying your airbrushes on harborfreight? So does that mean that regular paint airbrushes also work with cake decorating? Do I need to buy anything seperatly if I purchased one of these?
Kopykakes airbrush is $250ish, pretty steep. Id like to save a little money if at all possible but still get something that will last. thanks for you help!

1 reply
tiggy2 Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 2

Regular airbrushes will work, it's the compressor you have to be carefull with.  It should have a max of 30 PSI or it will blow the frosting off your cake.  I know a lot of people have the kopykake airbrush but I personally don't like it.  I took a class where everyone there had that one except me (I have the aztek 470) and all of their projects looked spattered.  After seeing my aztek my friend put down her kopykake and ordered an aztek and is very happy with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%