Gumpaste

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 10 May 2008 , 7:14am by matwogirls

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 5

does anyone know how long it takes for gumpaste to dry? and I have no idea if I even used it correctly. I made a Tiara (Thanks for the idea JanH) So I will try to attach a photo so that you have an idea as to how thick I made it. Pluse I bought some luster dust, how would I apply it.

Thanks,
Janice

4 replies
angienajjar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angienajjar Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 5

if you have a light in your oven, put the tiara on a cookie sheet, and place in the oven with the light on for 24 hrs. It should be really dry after that. Is your tiara standing upright? Is it AROUND anything? If it is free standing, it will dry much quicker than 'against' a former.
Petal dust can be dusted on dry using a soft bristle brush, when the gumpaste is dry to the touch, or if you want intense colour, mix a little with DROP of vodka (drop at a time) till you have a runny paste consistency, then 'paint' it onto the dry gumpaste. It will really glisten!!! Have fun....

matwogirls Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 5

I made the tiara like they show on the tutorial for the royal icing tiaras. I made it around a large iced tea container. It is rolled thin and cut into strips then stood upright (perpendicular to the container) I do not have an oven light. It is burnt out. And I tried to upload a pic in this thread, just can't figure out yet how to make it small enough. Thanks so much for your help

Janice
LL

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:38am
post #4 of 5

its beautiful. it also depends on the humidity in your area. it could take a couple of days to a week to fully dry. if you have a food dehydrator, you can use that, too.

matwogirls Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:14am
post #5 of 5

Thank you Thankyou for replying both of you. I have never done this before and I need it for sunday. I do have a food dehydrator, so I will check it tomorrow and see.

Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%