Cake For 300 People

Decorating By MosMom Updated 10 May 2008 , 2:01am by kakeladi

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 2

I have a grad party next weekend for 300 people. She wants a centerpiece cake and then the rest in sheet cakes. I was thinking I could do a tiered 12", 10", and half ball (for grad cap) and then 2 full sheets and that would be enough.

I've never done full sheets and I don't have experience with how many they TRULY feed. I was thinking 2X2 pieces.

This is my first REALLY big thing. I also have a baby shower cake for the same day for 30-35 people.

Terrified and excited all at the same time.

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #2 of 2

A 'full sheet' usually consists of two 12x18x2 cakes. Soooo....it will yield 108 cubes of cake 2x2x2. Two of them = 216 servings.
You should get about 90-100 servings from the tiered cake. Those servings will be 1x2x4 - which is exactly the same amount cake as the 2x2x2 icon_smile.gif
If you have fzr space you could start your baking now. Just wrap them well in plastic wrap. Make sure they fit and are not on top of something that will warp them. Also make your icing now. It will keep just fine for the week unless it's mainly real butter based. Even then, it should keep in the frig.
Get any decorations/flowers made and set aside until needed. Sure will make your decorating go easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%