Strawberry Cake

Decorating By potatocakes Updated 9 May 2008 , 7:45pm by potatocakes

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake to do for tomorrow and the client has requested strawberry cake. I have used the recipe posted by Steady2Hands in the past to make cupcakes and have gotten rave reviews. I'd like to use it for this cake, but the only problem I have is after I took the cupcakes out of the oven (I've made the recipe on 2 or 3 different occasions only for cupcakes), they were nice and rounded, but fell and sunk while cooling. I really don't want that to happen for this wedding shower cake I'm making for tomorrow. Any ideas on what I could add to the recipe to maybe prevent it from sinking so badly? I PM'd Steady2Hands this morning but haven't heard anything yet and I need to get started on this cake as soon as I get home from work this afternoon.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Tracy

2 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 3

I just used that recipe last night for cupcakes, mine didn't sink at all. I got a nice soft curve on them.

Was you batter mixed too long maybe? no banging tin around after taking out of oven? or opening the oven during baking?

Wish I had an idea to share...maybe placing a flower nail in pan center while baking will help the center cook better?

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 3

Hmm, well, I'm stumped. Maybe I didn't let it cook long enough. It's been awhile since I last made that recipe, but I seem to remember that it browned on top and I was afraid to leave it in because I didn't want them to burn. Also, since it's been so long I can't remember for sure, but I may have used butter instead of oil. Would that make a difference?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%