Choco-Pan

Decorating By gigger Updated 9 May 2008 , 7:01pm by ssunshine564

gigger Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 5

Bought Choco-Pan for the first time and tried to make roses
I have found it is too soft. It said it was good for molding.
I was wondering if liquid color might have something to do
with it maybe I should use power color. Any suggestions would
be appricated. Thanks, Betty

4 replies
tiggy2 Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 5

It is softer then most fondant so I add tylose to it for making roses and it works a lot better.

gigger Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I will try that because I do like the taste of it.

Bellesweets Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 5

in reference to choco-pan i was thinking about purchasing some ivory choco pan to cover a wedding cake. The wedding cake is to be delivered via vehicle to Atlanta Ga. I live in New York. I am not covering nor decorating the cake at home i am bringing all of my utensils and decorating items to Georgia. My question is do u think that Choco pan will hold up enough in Atlanta in Summer heat in August? The venue is in an art gallery inside. Let me know if you can. What would be better choco pan or fondant

ssunshine564 Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 5

I had a bad experiance with Choco-Pan. The stuff taste great, but it is hard to work with because it is so soft. I would roll it out then try to cover the cake with it and it would tear. I even tried putting it in the fridge before rolling and that didn't work. I contacted the company and she told me I was just not doing it right so she sent me a video. Well, in the video it shows her rollling it out and putting it on her cake and as she was putting on her cake it did the same thing to her, it tore. I do not recommend it for use in the summer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%