Keeping Shape??

Baking By Batter-UpBakery Updated 13 May 2008 , 12:14am by susgene

Batter-UpBakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 8

For all of you cookie makers, how to you get your cookies to keep their shape when you bake them. I have tried the nfsc on here the wilton recipe and several others but they all spread somewhat. I have seen some cookies that look just like they did when they were cut, this was after they were baked, how do you do it???

7 replies
paintinggrams Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8

I put mine in the freezer for 15 minutes before popping them in the oven and increase the time a little. I take them out when starting to brown on the edges. The only problem I have had with this is I have to use parchment paper on my pans instead of my silcone mats as the mats buckle on me. Not sure why. they are thin and probably not the best mats. I got them at a school fundraiser. Someday I will invest in good ones and see if it happens with those as well. Hope this helps, Lynda

bonniebakes Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 8

I make sure they are really chilled well before I put them in the oven too.

kneadacookie Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

Bellatheball Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:54am
post #5 of 8

I used to freeze mine for 15 minutes or so too. Now I just underbake them by a minute or so. That seems to work well and the cookies are nice and soft. You just have to let them cool on the pan a few extra minutes so they keep baking once you take them out of the oven.

bakinccc Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 8

In my experience the thing that might be making your cookies spread would be too little flour in your recipe. Try adding a bit more to make your dough firmer to begin with. If my dough is too soft it will spread too.

Batter-UpBakery Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the advice, i will try both next time I make cookies!!

susgene Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:14am
post #8 of 8

As long as the oven is totally preheated and the dough is chilled, I've never had a problem with spreading with the NFSC recipe. I bake on parchment too.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%