Using Alcohol In Cakes

Decorating By fbgirl00 Updated 13 May 2008 , 11:34pm by Rocketgirl899

fbgirl00 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone ever used the bottled mixed drinks in their cake mixes? I had a drink last weekend I think made by Bacardi, it was Pineapple Colada. Just curious.

5 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 6

Nope, but I would. You can use darn near anything to add flavors to icing and cakes. If adding to cake mix, be careful not to add so much that the liquid is thrown off.

Sometimes I put 1/2 c extra liquid to a small package of pudding mix......try chocolate cake with orange pudding. TDF!! I can see the pina colada stuff with a white cake - heaven! Let us know how it goes, if you decide to do it. icon_smile.gif

fbgirl00 Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks CakeDiva73, I think I am going to doctor a cake mix and make cupcakes for a cupcake bouquet for Mother's Day. Wish me luck! I usually doctor mixes with coffee creamers and have great results.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 6

You can always add crushed pinapple and coconut to the mix as well!

You can "marble" any fruit filling/jam... it is amazing!

fbgirl00 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 6

Well my cupcakes turned out good. I used a yellow cake mix, added a box of coconut cream pudding and used the Pineapple Colada drink instead of water. The flavor was not as intense as I wanted so next time I will add crushed pineapple and some coconut extract to enhance the flavor and texture.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for keeping us updated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%