Cupcake Wedding. Huge Question!

Decorating By brink317 Updated 8 May 2008 , 9:12pm by loriemoms

brink317 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 6

I posted earlier about a cupcake tree for a wedding and got great responses! Thank you!

This is my first ever inquiry for a wedding, so Im totally new to figuring this all out.

The bride wanted 350 cupcakes and a small cake for them to cut. BUT, she is only expecting 230-250 guests. She thought she'd order 350 in case guests want seconds. Is this normal? I would normally think maybe add 5% to the guest total. So that would be roughly 260 or so since some people dont eat cake at weddings.

Thoughts??? Give it to me thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
acookieobsession Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

I guess if she knows she is buying extra....maybe you shoulod have her consider what other food she is having as well. that should really impact how many cupcakes....

antonia74 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 6

Nope, I'd estimate 50-66% of the guest count....and after drinks, multi-course meals, dancing, etc., there's no way everyone will eat a cupcake or two. She's setting herself up for a lot of needless expense and waste. thumbsdown.gif

azeboi2005 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 6

if she's paying for it! some brides are just more generous than others. i'm doing a cupcake tower for june, and my bride ordered 225 cupcakes (150 for the "bride cake" and 75 for the "groom" cake) to be done in two towers; she's expecting 180-200 so there isn't going to be that much left over. it just depends on your bride. like i said if she's paying for it!

Irish245 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 6

I've only done two cupcake wedding cakes but in both cases, they bride told me they could have used more because everyone wanted more than one.

I say if she wants to buy more, let it go. I always tell my brides, if you have some cake left over, everyone is always looking to have some the next day.

loriemoms Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 6

I agree, I have done a bunch of cupcakes weddings and the bride always ordered a little extra...cupcakes are just easier to grab and you will find more people will eat them or take thiers home for later. Easier then a piece of cake. I had one bride who ordered a huge cake and cupcakes for the kids table!

Quote by @%username% on %date%