Huge Blakeslee Industrial Mixer-Help??

Decorating By Prada_Bidet Updated 8 May 2008 , 10:40pm by JoAnnB

Prada_Bidet Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 2

Hi.

I don't have a need for anything so beastly, but I got it at an auction for a reeeally good price. I know it's a Blakeslee, and that's about it. I haven't had a chance to really look at it, as it it being picked up by my BF today and I can't get a good look at it until I get home.

I guess I'm just wondering if anybody else has one of these? I did a search and found that cakesondemand has a 20qt one, but I don't even know what size this is. It's about 3ft tall and god knows how heavy. All I know is it's HUGE. So can anyone offer some tips on how to operate this beast or anything I should know before testing it out? I don't want to hurt myself. icon_eek.gif I'll post more after I get home and have a chance to "get to know it" a little better.

This is a picture from the auction site. It's huge and UGLY and I don't care. But rest assured, this monster is getting a good scub down once I get home. I'll have to post an "after" picture later.
Thanks!
LL

1 reply
JoAnnB Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 2

Unless you have a lot of room, it will probably be best and safer to keep it on the floor. It will great for large, heavy recipes. worthless for a single cake, cookie or icing recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%