Wasc Cake Recipe Experts I Have A Question

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 8 May 2008 , 10:16pm by jlewis888

notjustcake Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 8

Why doesn't seem like to me like there is not enough oil? 4 tablespoons of oil for 2 cake mixes, so much sugar and so much flour? Is the sour cream supposed to be the one that makes the cake moist I thought it was the oil?

7 replies
JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 8

There is plenty of fat in the sour cream to achieve a moist cake. icon_smile.gif

If you check out the reviews here, you'll find plenty of thumbs-up:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

msthang1224 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 8

Sour cream in your cakes always makes them more moist than it would be without, I mean that's just my opinion though. my WASC cake is moist and sturdy (dense) enough for anything.

I believe that to lessen the oil is to make it a little more denser because I think it's mainly used for wedding cakes. I could be wrong.

notjustcake Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you Janh I have read all the rave eviews on this recipe so that's why I wanted to try it I trusted everyone when they stated it was awesome but then when I got to the oil part I started second guessing myself, so I started wondering about the sourcream thanks

notjustcake Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you Janh I have read all the rave eviews on this recipe so that's why I wanted to try it I trusted everyone when they stated it was awesome but then when I got to the oil part I started second guessing myself, so I started wondering about the sourcream thanks

lu9129 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

This is the only cake I make when a white cake is ordered. To die for!!!!

Lu

JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 8

FYI, the "original" WASC doesn't use ANY oil:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584319-.html

However, since I've made the expanded flavors version WASC so often, I've not tried this one.

HTH

jlewis888 Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 8

This is an awesome cake! There is enough of everything in this cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%