I have a new chocolate mold for graduation, it has only been rinsed and wiped out. I can't get the base out of the mold. I chilled it in the frig and then moved it to the freezer for a few minutes. The top part of the hat came out fine but the other part won't come out. What can I do?
If the chocolate is not properly tempered, it will not shrink away from the mold. If you are using candy melts, you may have gotten them too hot.
You may need to start over with new candy.
For now, you can get the chocolate out by putting it in the microwave for a couple of seconds-not on high powder. It will melt them enough to pop the pieces out.
it might just need more time in the freezer. the bottom of those gard hats are pretty thick....
Whenever I am dealing with a difficult chocolate mold I rub a very, very small amount of vegetable oil on the inside of the mold before adding the chocolate. That combined with a few extra minutes in the freezer always does the trick for me. HTH