Cake Pricing.....

Decorating By ali79756 Updated 8 May 2008 , 7:35pm by ali79756

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

im having a really hard time trying to tell people what my cake pricing is i just started selling my cakes. can someone please help me out!..... i would love to know any cake prices.... my email is [email protected]
thanks,
alisha icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 4

I am the same way. Sometimes I feel that I over price and I hate quoting a price for a cake.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

Your local market is the largest determining factor in what prices you will be able to charge for your cakes. See my article here: www.cakeboss.com/PricingGuideline.aspx thumbs_up.gif

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 4

wow that cake boss has a lot of good information. see i live in a very small town and there is no cake shops here the only this that is here is a very small food market and the cake a way over prices for a cake that is like a 13 by 9 is almost 40 buck! but there is a town that most people go to get the cake from and were i got my wedding cake from its about 30 miles from here. so maybe i should start calling around there and getting some prices. im just starting out and its really hard, i hope to open my own shop here someday but for now i will just make it a hobby of mine i love it so much and it is the one thing i can honestly see myself doing for a long time.
thanks again,
alisha icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%