Cake Balls

Decorating By sugaah Updated 8 May 2008 , 11:00pm by MichelleM77

sugaah Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 3

are they supposed to taste mushy - like uncooked cake or batter? I used coffee creamer one time and the next time used buttercream. The consistency is soft and creamy. When covered in chocolate and you bite inside I don't like the way it feels in my mouth. What is is supposed to be like? Please advise. Thanks

2 replies
msthang1224 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, that happened to me the first time because I put too much creamer in it. Also you have to make sure to let them firm up in the freezer before and after you dip. Check out the instructions in the articles section on here.

MichelleM77 Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 3

You might have used too much liquid (creamer or BC). I've only used a spoonful or two for an entire cake's worth of cake balls/truffles. It really takes just a tiny bit. I also made some with peppermint extract and for an entire cake just needed 2 teaspoons worth of the extract. Not much liquid at all, it will change the texture into unbaked cake. Probably not what you are going for. The freezing thing is a personal preference one and I haven't found it helps me at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%