I Need Sugarshack Fast!!!!

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 8 May 2008 , 5:43pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Sharon or anyone able to step up to the plate on this one.... I re read the ingredients list in the 6qt recipe for icing and I saw you said 6.5 pounds using the 4 cup per pound method... I am I correct in thinking this means I need 26 cups of PS? Help please.... quick, anyone?

3 replies
Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 4

Yes 26cups is 6.5lbs. Hope this helped.

SugarBakerz Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 4

thanks lee9, I really appreciate it, I stupidly have been shorting my recipe by 6 cups... it still worked but wasn't as smooth. You have been a blessing to me today icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 4

icing is done now and has set and is precoated on my cake... I used to make it in my artisan but once SugarShack posted the big mama version, I thought "hey I have one of those too"... the more buttercream the merrier.....

First of all Ms. Sharon, you are my IDOL icon_smile.gif, simply put ~you rock!!!

When the icing finished mixing this time (after I realized I was shorting the amount of PS in it) I covered it and walked out of the room. When I came back to it about 45 minutes later (ok I cheated it by 15 minutes for the 1 hour rule, hehehehehehe!) it truly was one of the most beautiful things I have EVER seen.... and I have been all around this world to many foreign lands... and it literally was amazingly beautiful (so much so I have had to use my emergency inhaler because it took my breath away, hehehehehe). That bowl of icing there in my kitchen is the smoothest icing I have ever seen in person and I am so grateful that you took it upon yourself to share a recipe and trick or two that I can't say I would have shared, with all of us. You are an asset to CC and a blessing to my customers and fans... you have forever changed the way I see and respect the buttercream!!!!

thanks for the gift icon_smile.gif

lori

p.s. I was on the phone with my mother when i put the spoon in it after it settled and I said outload OMG that icing is amazing, so smooth.... I know she probably didn't hear me or even really care or want to know what I was talking about.... my fellow cc'ers would have known exactly what I was talking about.... Aren't we a funny little bunch? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%