Marbled Fondant

Decorating By amandamotley Updated 8 May 2008 , 5:49pm by amandamotley

amandamotley Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 8

I know this is probably a silly question, but if I want marbled fondant, do I just start with white and add the colors I want (gel colors), or do I actually marble white fondant with already tinted fondant? Also, can I do 3 colors? I want red, white, and black if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated!

7 replies
lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 8

amanda, mix your colors separately. Make fat log shapes of each of the colors then kind of stack them together and squish, maintaining the three separate colors, then roll into a log again and twist it loosely (like a candycane) then roll it up like a snail, squish again and repeat the whole thing until you get the effect you want. I just posted a marbled cake in my pics if you want to take a look. HTH

CakeDiva73 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijom

amanda, mix your colors separately. Make fat log shapes of each of the colors then kind of stack them together and squish, maintaining the three separate colors, then roll into a log again and twist it loosely (like a candycane) then roll it up like a snail, squish again and repeat the whole thing until you get the effect you want. I just posted a marbled cake in my pics if you want to take a look. HTH

That's how ya do it....and she explained it really clearly, lol.

lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Cakediva...I think it's really hard to explain how to do things, especially for us visual, hands on kind of people icon_lol.gif

Shola Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 8

Fantastic description!
That's a definate 'copy and paste' piece for my cake log! icon_biggrin.gif

Juds2323 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 8

here is a great tutorial by atecco showing what lorijom described.

http://atecousa.net/learn/satin-ice-tutorial-iii-marblizing.html

HTH

Judi

lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 8

Great tutorial...nice to know that I've been doing it right icon_smile.gif

amandamotley Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks, yall are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%