Where Have All The Oval Separator Plates Gone?

Decorating By Petit-four Updated 9 May 2008 , 5:37pm by Petit-four

Petit-four Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 4

...Long time passing
...Cakers have bought them every one
When will Wilton ever learn?

[end of off-key humming]

Sigh. What do CC members do? No one does separated oval tiers anymore? Are oval cakes not really popular?

I called Wilton, and the customer service rep told me they are no longer making them, due to "low demand." I see all over the web, however, cake shops are sold out. I asked the Wilton rep (who was quite polite) if they were taking down names to tabulate that people might want them again, she told me "no."

If anyone has ideas on how to make home-made separator plates, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps I'll go to a plexiglass shop, but I am unsure of how to attach the bottom brackets that stabilize the pillars.

Thank you for sharing your ideas. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Petit-four Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 4

Well, I guess they are truly all gone. icon_cry.gif

I am disappointed in Wilton that they continue to offer the pan set, yet don't make the separators. icon_confused.gif

So I'm going to make my own set out of lexan. icon_rolleyes.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 4

It's so funny that there's a thread going on now about Tuk-N-Ruffle (which you can still buy), but the oval plates are nowhere to be found. I miss the oval ones, too. I used them under the 3D ducky pan when I put the duck in a bathtub.

Petit-four Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 4

Yes -- I saw! One can still get the ruffle. icon_confused.gif

I was hoping to make a tiered oval cake with flowers between the tiers, and for that, I use the 2 plate system. Hmmm...I'll put in a request in the Global Sugar Art forum, I guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%