Cupcake Stand..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 9 May 2008 , 3:34pm by tonedna

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 13

I am looking for a nice cupcake stand. I don't really want to make one myself and I don't like the Wilton ones at all. I like the acrylic stands, but they are expensive. I saw one on Sugar-craft.. the fairy cake stand.. but I don't feel good ordering from them. The only other places I have seen something similar have had them but more expensive. I don't really want to spend $250 or more on a cupcake stand.

Does anyone have a good source for a decent cupcake stand??

12 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 13

Im not sure what you have in mind, but e bay has lots of cupcake stands on it ... good luck thumbs_up.gif

FromScratch Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 13

I'm looking for something like this..

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16953

or something comparable.

FromScratch Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 13

Ooooh.. thanks for mentioning eBay too.. I always forget to look there. icon_smile.gif

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 13

if you or you know someone who is handy, on cakejournal.com she gives instructions on how to make one http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes/

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 13

I know you said you don't want to make one, but if you look in my pictures I have one in there that I made and it was pretty cheap. I went to a local glass and mirror place and had them cut circles in 12, 10, 8 and 6 inches with polished edges. I bought some candle holders from walmart and siliconed them to the centre of each circle. worked great and it cost about 35 to 40 dollars. Just a suggestion. icon_wink.gif

FromScratch Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 13

Oooh.. ShayShay.. that really is pretty. If I get ambitious I might give that a try. Are the rounds glass or mirror?

Thank you too peardream.. that was one I had seen and it really is pretty. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 13

I dont know about their stability but they are less pricey
http://www.weddingcakestand.net/cupcake_tree_stands.html

FromScratch Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks Edna.. that looks great too!!

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Thanks Edna.. that looks great too!!

Anytime girl!.. icon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayShay

I know you said you don't want to make one, but if you look in my pictures I have one in there that I made and it was pretty cheap. I went to a local glass and mirror place and had them cut circles in 12, 10, 8 and 6 inches with polished edges. I bought some candle holders from walmart and siliconed them to the centre of each circle. worked great and it cost about 35 to 40 dollars. Just a suggestion. icon_wink.gif

do you have pictures you can show us. they sound nice.

ok, call me ditzy, I re-read your message and it clearly stated to look in your pictures to see what it looks like. Duh! icon_redface.gif

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:48pm
post #12 of 13

the circles are just made out of glass and the candle holders are glass also. We are in the middle of a renovation right now, but if my stand is readily available I will set it up and take a picture. icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:34pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayShay

We use this idea a lot..And if you know anybody handy they might be able to go to home depot and buy acrylic and cut it for you.. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%