Omg I Forgot To Make The Mortar Board!!!!

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 8 May 2008 , 2:15pm by BigTexinWV

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:22am
post #1 of 5

this isn't for a cake due this weekend. But for next.. and I was going to do it in full gp without being on a piece of foamboard. I know about GP and how fast it dries but since this is so big will it dry by next weekend if I make it tonight???

Also can I just do the tassels the day before I deliver or do I have to make those now also?

Thanks a million

4 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:29am
post #2 of 5

I have no idea about the tassels, but I'm pretty sure that the martar board would have more than enough time to dry before next weekend if you make it tonight.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:31am
post #3 of 5

I would think it would dry by then; unless you live in a really humid or rainy area. You may want to flip it over every day just to make sure it gets dry on both sides. Sometimes the bottom of gp things takes longer to dry.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:39am
post #4 of 5

i agree.. even if you have the kind of humidity we have here, if you don't need it until next weekend, it should have plenty of time to dry. i'd make 2, just in case one breaks and as PP stated, flip it over every day so both sides can dry.

as for the tassels, i would thing the day before (or even same day) should be find, as they don't need to support anything and you want them soft to drape over the mortar board (right?)

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 5

Maybe you could turn on the AC or use a dehumidifier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%