How Would You Do A Cheesecake Wedding Cake??

Decorating By mgigglin Updated 9 May 2008 , 3:22am by tarheel

mgigglin Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:31am
post #1 of 11

I have a dear friend who would really like me to figure out how to do a cheesecake wedding cake. She wants it covered in buttercream or in fondant. Can that be done and then how would I go about doing it? Any thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you,

Kim

10 replies
JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:36am
post #2 of 11

Here are some threads on cheesecake wedding cakes:
(With hints & tips for stacking and frosting & more.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-132771-.html

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-159271-.html

HTH

mgigglin Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:52am
post #3 of 11

thank you Jan!! Wow... do you sleep?? icon_lol.gif You've given me some reading to do! I appreciate it!

I would still love to hear from anyone who has done this... how did it turn out?

Thanks a bunch,

Kim

JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:03am
post #4 of 11

You're very welcome, Kim, it was my pleasure. icon_smile.gif

(Almost time for me to hit the hay.) icon_lol.gif

bashini Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 11

This may be a stupid question, but just wanted to know whether you put the biscuit layer at the bottom, before you put the cheese cake mixture on the top and then bake it?

I have heard about this cheese cake cake, but still can't figure out how you guys do it. Its totaly new to me.

norma20 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 11

Toba Garret has a Chocolate Cake Cheesecake in her book.
It is composed of two layers of Chocolate Cake with a whole Cheesecake between them.
She also uses Cream Cheese Buttercream and Chocolate buttercream between the layers.
The cake is frosted with Chocolate Buttercream.

bashini Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 11

Has anyone seen any videos on how to make one of these?

norma20 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 11

Bashini, for this particular cheesecake Toba doesn't use any biscuit layer. She just uses a vegetable-oil to spray the pan.

I should have made this Chocolate Cheesecake Cake for my son's birthday last year. icon_cry.gif

bashini Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks norma, it sounds really yummy.

Hope you don't mind me asking whether you have the whole recipe with you. Love to make it.

Thanks again. thumbs_up.gif

mgigglin Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:09am
post #10 of 11

Norma20,

Do you think you could pm me with that recipe? I would love to see that if you don't mind. It sounds fabulously rich and wonderful!!

Thanks, Kim

tarheel Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:22am
post #11 of 11

I just did one for my neice. I'll try and send you a picture and the recipe tomorrow. She was excited with it. It was a small affair...this amount served about 75 with a little left over. This recipe doesn't have a crust...you flip it just like you do a regular cake and ice it with a creamcheese/white candy coating icing....I got a lot of compliments....not my recipe but I went through all the links when I was trying to figure out this same thing a few weeks ago and thought it might save you some time.

She also wanted it decorated with flowers and fruit! I had never used that combination....but...you know how it is...we cake decorated try to please!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%