What Do I Use To For Cheeks?

Decorating By Dru329 Updated 8 May 2008 , 6:53pm by dragonflydreams

Dru329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dru329 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:45am
post #1 of 6

I would like to know what you guys use to put rosy cheeks on faces (cookies, cakes, fondant figures, etc.)? It almost looks like actual makeup. Can someone please help me with this and any tips on how to apply. TYIA icon_smile.gif

5 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:09am
post #2 of 6

. . . this link may clear up some of your questions . . . http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-54059-0-days0-orderasc-.html

. . . you can also use non toxic chalk . . . I have used with eyeshadow applicators to apply in addition to artist brushes . . . the chalks are very cheap for a multitude of colors (less than $10.00 for 48 I believe) . . . HTH

Dru329 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 6

So can people eat the chalk?

dragonflydreams Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 6

. . . the chalks, like the luster dusts are considered "Non Toxic" but not a "food additive" . . . so essentially you "could" eat an entire chalk without any ill effects . . . so with that in mind with the small amount of chalk (or dust) that it would take to color the cheeks you are referring to would be no big issue . . . some people would recommend not eating it (chalk or dust), but lots of times that is in reference to the gumpaste the dusts/chalks have been used on . . . gumpaste is also considered "edible" but for the most part would be WAY to hard to eat (again, if you did eat it there would be no ill effects - except perhaps a broken tooth icon_cry.gif ) . . . I personally would have no problem eating an item that had been lightly dusted with either luster dust or chalks . . . HTH

Dru329 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for all of your help! I've learned something new icon_smile.gif Can't wait to start doing this! THANKS!!

dragonflydreams Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 6

. . . my pleasure . . . bed sure to post when you are done . . . thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%