Cupcakes For Weddings, A Question!

Decorating By brink317 Updated 8 May 2008 , 2:45pm by SweetArt

brink317 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:52am
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone!
I had someone inquire today about a cupcake tree, found at this website:
www dot cupcaketree dot com (just in case I couldnt get the link in)

She is wanting the look of #18 on the photo page.

Has anyone used one of these structures? They say they are sturdy, but I'd rather ask anyone here if they really are! She would purchase this herself, so I will NOT be responsible if this thing collapses!

She is wanting 350 cupcakes and a small cake on top for her and hubby to cut at the wedding.

Thoughts?
Thank you!!

9 replies
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:15am
post #2 of 10

WOW that's some order. Did you quote here at least $3 per cc?
You can make a cc tree yourself w/cake circles/drums and styro for 'seperators' a whole lots cheaper than their prices.

dulzuramagica Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:37am
post #3 of 10

hi! heres the pic of mine the stand was built with acrylic plates and separators hope it helps

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1217289.html

7yyrt Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:43am
post #4 of 10

From the website -
How many cupcakes will the original Cupcaketree hold?
The original Cupcaketree will hold between 50 and 300 cupcakes depending on how many tiers are used. For a large party, all five tiers plus the table top can hold 300-plus cupcakes...
How many cupcakes will each individual tier of the Original Cupcaketree hold?
Using a 3" diameter cupcake, the Cupcaketree accommodates approximately 8 on the top tier, 20 on the second tier, 30 on the third tier, 50 on the fourth tier, 75 on the fifth tier, and 100 on the table top.
---
So if she wants a small cake on the top tier... it will hold 175. Exactly half of them will be on the tabletop.

brink317 Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks everyone for your help. I emailed her to let her know 1/2 of her cupcakes will be on the tabletop, partly under the cupcake tree, to make sure she is OK with that! I havent quoted her as of yet, but I was thinking my base price on a cupcake, not filled, with a swirl of BC ontop to start at $2. Pricing will go up from there depending on detail work.

Thanks so much for your help!

dulzuramagica Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 10

hi i charged 2.50 for the ones in the picture they were decorated using a 1m tip but youll have to check out your cost depending on the recipe

chassidyg Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 10

They have cupcake trees on ebay as well as amazon.com as well. They run anywhere from 5-30.00.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 10

Wow!!! That's going to take you forever-how many cupcakes can you bake at once?! I wouldn't touch this for less than $1300, even then I'd think twice lol!

cashley Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #9 of 10

Here is a link to how to make a cupcake tree, would be cheaper than buying one.
http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes/

SweetArt Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:45pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brink317

Has anyone used one of these structures? They say they are sturdy, but I'd rather ask anyone here if they really are! She would purchase this herself, so I will NOT be responsible if this thing collapses!

She is wanting 350 cupcakes and a small cake on top for her and hubby to cut at the wedding.

Thoughts?
Thank you!!

I have used this stand before. It is very sturdy. It wont collapse. I think it was worth the price. I think it would not save you much money to make your own. Once you add the cost of the boards, coverings, ribbons, and dummies, it gets expensive. And a stand for 350 cupcakes is going to be large using the dummy method as the dummies will take up needed space. It also wouldn't be collapsible and would be difficult to transport. It's not as pretty as the acrylic stands, but is a lot cheaper. If the bride is happy with it, go for it.

The cupcakes look easy too. I'd charge $2. Just a quick swirls, some sprinkles, and a wafer paper leaf on top cut out with a scrapbook punch. The decorating the stand with silk leave would be extra, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%