Ideas Needed For Boss's 1 Year Annivesary

Decorating By imartsy Updated 11 May 2008 , 1:40am by imartsy

imartsy Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:31am
post #1 of 5

I work in marketing new media at a health insurance agency. It's my boss's one year anniversary with the company and I'm going to make a cake. Outside of making a computer, I really have no ideas (all of our work is online). And if I did make a computer - it would be awesome if I could put our company's website as an edible image on it - but I've found that trying to get an edible image where I live is becoming harder and harder - and I just don't have the funds at this moment for an edible image printer (nor the time).

Anyone have any nice ideas? Even just a nice elegant cake or a super fun cake for a man? He's not very old - maybe in his 40s, and he seems very young... meaning he's not your typical "old, corporate, stuffy man". Very opposite.

I hope some of you have more creative ideas!

4 replies
2508s42 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

What about a cup of coffee? You could do a closed laptop with the logo on the lid and a cup of coffee next to it. There are a lot of cute mug cakes on here.

Or you could do a man sleeping at his desk. I don't know who did it, but someone did that for an accountant.

imartsy Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #3 of 5

Hmm that's a good question - I don't even know if he drinks coffee! I've never seen him drink it - but that's not a bad idea.....

I might need to ask some co-workers who know him better for ideas too - but if anyone else wants to chime in, please do!

imartsy Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 5

didn't see any replies overnight, so I'm just bumping this up before I go off to work to see if I can get any today icon_smile.gif

imartsy Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #5 of 5

I did think about maybe doing a piece of cheese and doing something like "To the big cheese - congrats on one year"... not sure how I'd get all that on there... but it was an idea...

However, now they've said its possible they might want me to do a cake for 100 - I'm not even sure what I'd do.... I'm going to post separately about that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%