I Love My Mixer!!!!!

Decorating By amwey Updated 9 May 2008 , 4:12pm by Amia

amwey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amwey Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:41am
post #1 of 22

I LOVE MY NEW CUISINART MIXER!! JUST GOT IT FROM THE UPS MAN!!
IT IS SO NICE. IT HAS A BUILT IN TIMER, 12 SPEEDS, AND A HUGE 7 QUART BOWL. I MADE ENOUGH BATTER TO MAKE 30 HUGE GOBS (4 INCH IN DIAMETER). FOR ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT A NEW MIXER I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMEND THE CUISINART 1000 WATT 7 QUART MIXER!!!!!! I WOULD TAKE IT OVER MY KITCHEN AID ANY DAY!

21 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 22

i saw this on a commercial...i agree, it is awesome. can't wait 'til i can afford one. icon_smile.gif

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #3 of 22

Built in timer!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif Dang I just got a new KA and the only thing it's missing is a built in timer. You so lucky

amwey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amwey Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:14am
post #4 of 22

I HAD A KITCHEN AID MIXER BUT IT BLEW UP!!!!! I HAVENT EVEN HAD IT THAT LONG MAYBE 2 YEARS AT THE MOST. THE RETAILER WHERE I BOUGHT IT WONT TAKE IT BACK THEY SAID TO CALL THE COMPANY SO NOW I AM WAITLING FOR THEIR RESPONSE. BUT I AM REALLY GLAD I BOUGHT THE CUISINART.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:02am
post #5 of 22

Aren't they the sweetest appliance? I love mine too!
I got it about 2 weeks ago and it can do fondant like it's on vacation!
Well worth the money IMO

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 22

Congrats! I just got a KA, but it had a defect so I returned it. Now I'm just waiting for my Cuisinart! I hope I love mine as much as you love yours!

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:50am
post #7 of 22

I've been debating on getting this mixer too.. I have my kitchen aid 6qt epicurean and nothing is wrong with it, just want a change. I was really excited after seeing the commerical on tv of this mixer so I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to have a look at this 'beast' of a mixer and was pretty disappointed. It is way lighter than my Kitchen Aid and to me it just seems like it was made cheap quality. So I saved my 400 bucks and left. I dunno maybe I'm just used to the "heavy duty" feel of my mixer that I have now and not one that is so lightweight. What are your thoughts?

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 22

Just got my Cuisinart day before yesterday too. I am so excited. Made a small batch of choc frosting in it last nite. Had to adjust the paddle attachment just a tad to reach the bottom of the bowl. I can't wait to make my first big batch in it, probably tonite after work. I use Sugarshack's recipe. Does anyone know if I can go up to 7 cups shorting/7 lbs powdered sugar in this bowl. I think I will start with 6/6 and see how it goes. Love the spatter guard that's on there.

Susan

PS I like the lightness of the mixer, so much easier to move around.

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:47pm
post #9 of 22

Yeah maybe I just wasn't used to the feel of it, I wonder how many batches of icing it can make at once? 3?

Amia Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 22

Just an FYI for anyone who wants to buy a Cuisinart mixer at BBB. It's more in the store. So print out the online price of $297.49 (it's $349 in-store) and they should match it at the store, and don't forget your 20% coupon!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #11 of 22

WooooHoooo time for dueling mixers. LOLOL. The Cuisinart was in intriguing mixer. I looked at them. One of my Chefs at school told me to check out a Viking. The best choice I ever did.

Mike

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #12 of 22

I have a cuisinart 1000w 7 q bowl and I totally love it. It runs very smoothly. I got it last year for my birthday. So it will be one year this July. My husband surprised me with it. Haven't had any problems . It's absolutely amazing great for multitasking.

MnSnow....how do you make your fondant in it?
It's the one thing I haven't tried. Thanks!

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 22

I just got a proffesional kitchen aid mixer, I hope mine does break...

cakechica27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechica27 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:16pm
post #14 of 22

Anyone else tried the Viking? Viking or Cuisinart - who's the winner?

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 22

I would also like to know which one is better and for what reasons. My KA is about 30 years old, and wants to retire.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:26pm
post #16 of 22

My Piece of Poop Kitchen Aid Blew up too.

I went down to Home Chef and bought a Viking

I love it love it love it. 700 watts of mixing power.....!!!

It's the BEST BEST BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #17 of 22

Okay, now I'm depressed. I just looked at my KA and it's only 250 watts. Should it even be running???

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

Okay, now I'm depressed. I just looked at my KA and it's only 250 watts. Should it even be running???

LOL, sorry, Don't feel bad, I didnt know any better, Even the heavy duty KA is only 425watts. The Viking even has a 1000 watt one but i didnt want to put out the extra 200 dollars.

Mine broke when I was making MMF. I think the gears stripped. My viking kneads my MMF no PROBLEM!!!

Just use your KA until it breaks....and start saving....its well worth it!!!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #19 of 22

i got my kitchen aide last year for a wedding present from a group of girlfriends and i was completely drooling over it (lol) now i've been thinking how nice it'd be to have 2 but if i'm gonna put out the money for another one maybe i should try the cuisinart? (i do notice my ka doesn't like to do heavier mixing-it sounds a bit stiff) hmmmm, more to dream about and save for as i get more orders (first thing i'm buying that's not cake related it a new dress for my cousin's wedding then my DH can't complain about how much i paid for it haha!)

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:18am
post #20 of 22

Costco has a Delonghi mixer that is very similar to the cuisinart and they have it for $399 plus you get an extra bowl and two attachments with free shipping..I just got mine and it is awesome! It is very sturdy and looks pretty too icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:07am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantfrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

LOL, sorry, Don't feel bad, I didnt know any better, Even the heavy duty KA is only 425watts. The Viking even has a 1000 watt one but i didnt want to put out the extra 200 dollars.

Mine broke when I was making MMF. I think the gears stripped. My viking kneads my MMF no PROBLEM!!!

Just use your KA until it breaks....and start saving....its well worth it!!!

I just got my KA professional series and I believe it is 575 Watts. Hope I like it as much as you all like the Cuisinart! icon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:12pm
post #22 of 22

The Cuisinart 5.5 qt has an 800 watt motor. The 7 qt is 1000 watts. I don't know why KA doesn't make a higher wattage motor. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%