I Love My Mixer!!!!!

Decorating By amwey Updated 9 May 2008 , 4:12pm by Amia

amwey Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:41am
post #1 of 22

I LOVE MY NEW CUISINART MIXER!! JUST GOT IT FROM THE UPS MAN!!
IT IS SO NICE. IT HAS A BUILT IN TIMER, 12 SPEEDS, AND A HUGE 7 QUART BOWL. I MADE ENOUGH BATTER TO MAKE 30 HUGE GOBS (4 INCH IN DIAMETER). FOR ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT A NEW MIXER I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMEND THE CUISINART 1000 WATT 7 QUART MIXER!!!!!! I WOULD TAKE IT OVER MY KITCHEN AID ANY DAY!

21 replies
diane Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 22

i saw this on a commercial...i agree, it is awesome. can't wait 'til i can afford one. icon_smile.gif

maryj Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #3 of 22

Built in timer!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif Dang I just got a new KA and the only thing it's missing is a built in timer. You so lucky

amwey Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:14am
post #4 of 22

I HAD A KITCHEN AID MIXER BUT IT BLEW UP!!!!! I HAVENT EVEN HAD IT THAT LONG MAYBE 2 YEARS AT THE MOST. THE RETAILER WHERE I BOUGHT IT WONT TAKE IT BACK THEY SAID TO CALL THE COMPANY SO NOW I AM WAITLING FOR THEIR RESPONSE. BUT I AM REALLY GLAD I BOUGHT THE CUISINART.

MnSnow Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:02am
post #5 of 22

Aren't they the sweetest appliance? I love mine too!
I got it about 2 weeks ago and it can do fondant like it's on vacation!
Well worth the money IMO

Amia Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:55am
post #6 of 22

Congrats! I just got a KA, but it had a defect so I returned it. Now I'm just waiting for my Cuisinart! I hope I love mine as much as you love yours!

Karabear1125 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:50am
post #7 of 22

I've been debating on getting this mixer too.. I have my kitchen aid 6qt epicurean and nothing is wrong with it, just want a change. I was really excited after seeing the commerical on tv of this mixer so I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to have a look at this 'beast' of a mixer and was pretty disappointed. It is way lighter than my Kitchen Aid and to me it just seems like it was made cheap quality. So I saved my 400 bucks and left. I dunno maybe I'm just used to the "heavy duty" feel of my mixer that I have now and not one that is so lightweight. What are your thoughts?

suzylynn58 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 22

Just got my Cuisinart day before yesterday too. I am so excited. Made a small batch of choc frosting in it last nite. Had to adjust the paddle attachment just a tad to reach the bottom of the bowl. I can't wait to make my first big batch in it, probably tonite after work. I use Sugarshack's recipe. Does anyone know if I can go up to 7 cups shorting/7 lbs powdered sugar in this bowl. I think I will start with 6/6 and see how it goes. Love the spatter guard that's on there.

Susan

PS I like the lightness of the mixer, so much easier to move around.

Karabear1125 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:47pm
post #9 of 22

Yeah maybe I just wasn't used to the feel of it, I wonder how many batches of icing it can make at once? 3?

Amia Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 22

Just an FYI for anyone who wants to buy a Cuisinart mixer at BBB. It's more in the store. So print out the online price of $297.49 (it's $349 in-store) and they should match it at the store, and don't forget your 20% coupon!

Mike1394 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #11 of 22

WooooHoooo time for dueling mixers. LOLOL. The Cuisinart was in intriguing mixer. I looked at them. One of my Chefs at school told me to check out a Viking. The best choice I ever did.

Mike

martmarg Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #12 of 22

I have a cuisinart 1000w 7 q bowl and I totally love it. It runs very smoothly. I got it last year for my birthday. So it will be one year this July. My husband surprised me with it. Haven't had any problems . It's absolutely amazing great for multitasking.

MnSnow....how do you make your fondant in it?
It's the one thing I haven't tried. Thanks!

Briniga Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 22

I just got a proffesional kitchen aid mixer, I hope mine does break...

cakechica27 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:16pm
post #14 of 22

Anyone else tried the Viking? Viking or Cuisinart - who's the winner?

kimsmom Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 22

I would also like to know which one is better and for what reasons. My KA is about 30 years old, and wants to retire.

fondantfrenzy Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:26pm
post #16 of 22

My Piece of Poop Kitchen Aid Blew up too.

I went down to Home Chef and bought a Viking

I love it love it love it. 700 watts of mixing power.....!!!

It's the BEST BEST BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimsmom Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #17 of 22

Okay, now I'm depressed. I just looked at my KA and it's only 250 watts. Should it even be running???

fondantfrenzy Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

Okay, now I'm depressed. I just looked at my KA and it's only 250 watts. Should it even be running???

LOL, sorry, Don't feel bad, I didnt know any better, Even the heavy duty KA is only 425watts. The Viking even has a 1000 watt one but i didnt want to put out the extra 200 dollars.

Mine broke when I was making MMF. I think the gears stripped. My viking kneads my MMF no PROBLEM!!!

Just use your KA until it breaks....and start saving....its well worth it!!!

michellesArt Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #19 of 22

i got my kitchen aide last year for a wedding present from a group of girlfriends and i was completely drooling over it (lol) now i've been thinking how nice it'd be to have 2 but if i'm gonna put out the money for another one maybe i should try the cuisinart? (i do notice my ka doesn't like to do heavier mixing-it sounds a bit stiff) hmmmm, more to dream about and save for as i get more orders (first thing i'm buying that's not cake related it a new dress for my cousin's wedding then my DH can't complain about how much i paid for it haha!)

thecakebox Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:18am
post #20 of 22

Costco has a Delonghi mixer that is very similar to the cuisinart and they have it for $399 plus you get an extra bowl and two attachments with free shipping..I just got mine and it is awesome! It is very sturdy and looks pretty too icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:07am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantfrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsmom

LOL, sorry, Don't feel bad, I didnt know any better, Even the heavy duty KA is only 425watts. The Viking even has a 1000 watt one but i didnt want to put out the extra 200 dollars.

Mine broke when I was making MMF. I think the gears stripped. My viking kneads my MMF no PROBLEM!!!

Just use your KA until it breaks....and start saving....its well worth it!!!

I just got my KA professional series and I believe it is 575 Watts. Hope I like it as much as you all like the Cuisinart! icon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:12pm
post #22 of 22

The Cuisinart 5.5 qt has an 800 watt motor. The 7 qt is 1000 watts. I don't know why KA doesn't make a higher wattage motor. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%