Half Choco Half White- Same Pan

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 7 May 2008 , 11:04pm by mkolmar

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 4

I am SO brain dead today. I need to make a half n half for tomorrow. For the world of me I cannot figure out what size pan to use. Since each mix yields between 4 to 5.5 cups and I will be using two, what size pan? One that holds 10 cups? So like a 12 or something? Please help!

Thanks!!

3 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 4

When I have to do two flavors, I usually make them in separate pans as two flavors never rise/cook the same.
For instance I'd make two 9 x 13's for a full size cake.
HTH at least a little.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 4

I'm glad you brought that up...I knew that but nothing much is computing today. What do you think about doing 2 8", one each flavor then cutting them in half and stacking...In effect making a two layer cake. Would that work?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 May 2008 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 4

I always just put a piece of foil in the middle of the pan and pour, then take out the piece of foil and swirl the 2 flavors together to marbel them in the center and add strength for less chances of the cake breaking in half when I flip the pan. Since different flavors of cake rise at different heights it's easier for me just to level them if it's all baked in the same pan and connected (if that makes any sense icon_confused.gif ) I hate leveling so this is my easier way out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%