Can We Add Dutch Cocoa To Mmf?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 8 May 2008 , 4:47am by shapeacake

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make some MMF and I love the recipe here.....can I just substitue 3/4 - 1 c. of the powdered sugar with dutch processed cocoa for chocolate MMF? Or is there a whole other element I am missing, lol? thx

3 replies
shapeacake Posted 7 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure which of the MMF recipes that you're referring to. A recipe that I use has 16 oz of marshmallows and 2 lbs of powdered sugar (so that you can adjust the measurements below according to your recipe). Most recipes have similar quantities to this.

I typically add 1 ounce of melted semi-sweet chocolate to the marshmallows once the marshmallows are melted and then I add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder to the powdered sugar. (Dutch processed should be fine.)

CakeDiva73 Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

I use that same recipe too...what kind of chocolate fondant does that give you? Is it that rich, dark brown or just a bit tan? I am looking to alter the MMF recipe from here - the one that is just marshmallows, PS, water and vanilla and somehow add whatever kind of chocolate to make that rich Choco-pan stuff. icon_smile.gif I just don't like the other MMF so I figured why not start with what I like instead of using the ones that call for glucose and such...thanks

shapeacake Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:47am
post #4 of 4

It's a tan color, not a dark brown.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%