Recommendations For Dot Impression Mat

Decorating By itsmylife Updated 7 May 2008 , 4:50pm by iamlis

itsmylife Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 4-tier wedding cake coming up in a few months where I would like to use a dot pattern impression mat....similar to this:

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy or what to look for? I've seen different sizes and materials and wasn't really sure what would be best.

3 replies
jessienj Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 4

I have that one and the also the 1" mat as well. I don't know of any others with the dots. They have worked for me. You can get them from cakesbysam, global, country kitchens or directly from Earlene Moore. Earlene's website also shows examples on how to use them and different things you can do with them.

becklynn Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 4

I recently purchased 2 dot impression mats. One was 1" and the other 3/4" apart. I think I got them from Earlenes. The dots were closer than I wanted. I found one on Ebay (Item #29022211376icon_cool.gif and the dots were 2" apart - perfect! But they didn't line up on the cake the way I needed because of the border. Anyway I ended up freehanding the dots, but I marked them first by holding a ruler up and marking the cake with a tip 2, then piped the dots. It came out perfect. Check out the ebay item and the sellers store, though. She had lots of different impression mats.
Good luck!!

iamlis Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 4

Geraldine Randlesome sells a huge one thats AMAZING I love it! At its a bit different from Earlene's-I JUST LOVE EARLENE!

Quote by @%username% on %date%