Warning!

Decorating By StephW Updated 8 May 2008 , 1:26am by StephW

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 4

WARNING!!! Sour cream curdles in cakes! Especially when the idiotic baker (that would be me) forgets to add it as she is mixing the cake and then adds it to the pan after the cake has been in the oven for about 2 minutes!

I thought it would be ok to stir it in at that point - but even after only two or three minutes, the bottom of the pan must have been just hot enough to curdle the sour cream. All I can say is that it was a darn good thing that a little bit of the cake stuck to the bottom of the pan when I took it out or I would not have found out until the cake was served tomorrow icon_redface.gif I volunteered to make it for a baby shower for a girl at work, so it's a freebie, but I would have felt horrible!

Now I will be taking half a day off today to rebake that layer before I go to the dentist, so it will be cool enough to decorate when I get back home. Sheesh... what a maroon!!

3 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 4

Good to know! I'm sure at some point I would have found that out on my own! So thanks for the head's up!lol

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 7 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

oh honey... i had to laugh when i read your post. its not funny.. but it tickles me to know i'm not the only one to have done somethinglike this icon_biggrin.gif at least you have time to fix it, even though it means rearranging your schedule a little.

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #4 of 4

butterflywings... thanks for letting me know I am not the only one to do something like that!

I am ok about it now - just soooooo thankful that I saw it last night and not at the party tomorrow!!! Can you imagine??? icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gificon_surprised.gif

Scares the living daylights outta me to even think about it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%