First Wedding Cake With Fresh Flowers!!!!!

Decorating By jenstastycakes Updated 6 May 2008 , 10:45pm by cakedout

jenstastycakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 3

I am making my first wedding cake using fresh roses. I am so nervous. I know you can't just insert the flowers into the cake and that you need to use flower spikes, my confusing is how do you create a topper using the fresh flowers without insert a whole lot of spikes into the top tier?

2 replies
kansaswolf Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 3

You could put waxed paper or parchment down on the top and then you could lay the flowers on top... Wire them together artfully or whatever you do, then just SET them there... You might have to do ONE spike so it STAYS there, but that would keep the cake from having lots of holes! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck!

cakedout Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 3

another item you can get is a small button oasis to arrange the flowers in. (or simply cut a small piece from a block of oasis)

Attach the button oasis into a small lid to catch any water and debris that may seep out. If I recall, the ones I used to buy had a sticky pad on the bottom to attach it to a bowl, lid, etc.

Do as the above post: place a circle of waxed paper on the cake first, then place the flowers when you get to the site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%