2 Flavors Of Cake

Decorating By tminton Updated 7 May 2008 , 2:13am by indydebi

tminton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tminton Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 3

I have a customer who wants a sheet cake that is half chocolate and half vanilla. Do you bake 2 cakes and cut them both down to size to make the standard size sheet cake or is there some technique to make both flavors in one pan? It seems like there will be a lot of waste.

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 3

depends on the size of the sheet cake. When I make a full sheet cake I bake 2 half sheet cakes, on of each flavor. when I need a half sheet cake or a quarter sheet cake with two flavors (or 3) I put them all in the same pan. The easiest way to do is to either put a divider down the center with aluminum foil and then pour in the two kinds of batter and remove the foil separator and let the two flavor seep together ...or what I do now is just stick something under one side of the cake pan, elevating it and put my first flavor in the lowest side of the pan, then when I go to pour my second flavor I gradually lower the raised side as I'm filling it with my second flavor...works perfectlly.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 3

11x15: Mix one cake mix of white ... one of chocolate. I turn a saucer over and sit one end of the pan on the saucer. Pour in one batter. Remove pan from saucer and pour in the other batter. I don't put a divider wall or anything in the middle. Most people ask "Won't it run together?" I tell them, "It's not Kool-Aid....it's wont blend. It's thick, like lava and will meet and stop in the middle."

For a 12x18 pan I use 1 choc and 2 white. Choc rises higher (and will spread further) so by the time it bakes, the cake is close to 1/2 and 1/2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%