Oreo Cake Filling

Decorating By rvercher23 Updated 7 May 2008 , 2:05am by lomikesa

rvercher23 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 8

What is the best way to make Oreo filling for a chocolate and vanilla cake? I have seen two recipes on here, one with cream and one where you just add oreos to buttercream. Which one is better, and how do they hold up? Is the oreo filling with the buttercream too sweet? Thanks for your time!

7 replies
kymscakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 8

I definately prefer the one with the cream and it holds up beautifully! I don't sweeten my cream at all!

chikie Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 8

I like the one with the cream, but if you have access to Frostin' Pride or Pastry Pride, mix the crushed Oreos in with it when it's almost all whipped. It's non dairy so you can have it sit out for awhile.

Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 8

I also prefer the cream based oreo filling. The cream keeps the filling from being overly sweet and overpowering the cake. Keep in mind that it is dairy based so it has to be refrigerated! thumbs_up.gif

rvercher23 Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

For the one with cream, how long could it sit out with out being refridgerated? Thanks for the replies!

rvercher23 Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 8

For the one with cream, how long could it sit out with out being refridgerated? Thanks for the replies!

kymscakes Posted 7 May 2008 , 1:12am
post #7 of 8

I am not exactly sure about this. I think that a well chilled cake holds its internal coolness for a while once taken out of the refrigerator, depending on the weather, of course. But I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it out for a very long period of time.

lomikesa Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #8 of 8

You can also try Jell-O Oreo cookies & creme instant pudding & pie filling, just make sure you follow the instructions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%