Birthday Cake Alternative

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 6 May 2008 , 2:55pm by sugaah

matwogirls Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I am making mini doll cakes for my daughters friend (all girls as it turned out) to decorate at her birthday party. It is like a princess theme. They will be able to eat the other cake I have and then take these little ones home. I had bought little dolls to go in the cake as part of thier party favor bag. (nothing to expensive just from the dollar store). Now my best friends kids can come after all, so I have now two boys coming and I don't want to send home little dolls for them. I am ok with boys playing with dolls, just they true boys and dolls are not thier thing. Any ideas for a mini cake that they can decorate?

Janice

4 replies
angelcakes5 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 5

I am not sure how old they are but what came to mind is clowns? I always have a difficult time trying to find things for boys!

AnotherBrit Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

What about little monsters? They can make the faces as they like with funny hair, hand and feet. I did some for my son's birthday a few years ago, but am sure kids would love to try their own.
LL

terrier Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

If you are using the mini doll pans for girls...why not use the same pans for the boys get them to decorate it like a mountain with dirt, trees, etc and place a car or truck on top. They have great little candies that look like rocks/stones and crushed Oreos for the dirt. I think this would be really cute and the boys can still be a part of the decorating fun!

sugaah Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 5

how about a baseball cap. They're easy enough if you pre-make the bib.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%