Icing Recipe?? Freeds Bakery

Baking By BethG Updated 6 May 2008 , 9:52pm by Rincewind

BethG Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 2

I went to Freeds Bakery in Vegas and was wandering if anyone had an idea how they make their frosting. It tasted like there was butter in it yet the color of it was white.

1 reply
Rincewind Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 2

I've wanted to know what their icing tastes like every since I've seen some of their beautiful cakes. I've had their website bookmarked for a while. Here's what it says about their icings:

Freeds is famous for our Butter Cream icing. We make a cooked European Butter Cream from Vienna. All of our store cakes and birthday cakes are iced with our Butter Cream icing. The ingredients are butter, margerine, powder sugar and eggs. Because the ingredients are yellow the icing has a yellow cast to it. We can not color our Butter Cream to be white. The flavor is delicious. The icing melts in your mouth with no greasy after taste.
Freed's rosette icing is made from pure vegetable shortening, powder sugar and water. The color of our rosette icing is white. This would be the icing that you would get if you purchased a cake from most bakeries. The taste is a little sweeter than our butter cream. The Rosette Icing can be colored to all pastel shades and most dark shades.
50/50 BLEND
The 50/50 Blended icing is the most popular with our brides. The reason is because you get the delicious taste of Freed's Butter Cream mixed with the color of the Rosette icing. The taste is still delicious. The icing is a little less rich and the color is a little less yellow than the Butter Cream icing. The color of the 50/50 icing is candelight (light cream). About 95% of our wedding cakes are iced with the 50/50 icing.

I wonder if the icing you tasted ws the Rosette or the 50/50?

Quote by @%username% on %date%