Cupcake Cost

Decorating By sls0812 Updated 6 May 2008 , 3:11pm by fluttercakes

sls0812 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 2

Can you please tell me the average price per cupcake and per cookie. I've been doing cakes for a while but haven't ever gotten an order for cupcakes or cookies, just done them for my kids. Thanks for your help!!!

1 reply
fluttercakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 2

Well, I charge $1.50 & up for my standard cupcakes with just a nice size swirl of frosting. Fillings are an additional $.25/cupcake. The base price goes up depending on the cake flavor, the design, etc, etc.

For decorated cookies, I charge $1/inch with the typical price going between $3-$4/cookie. Same deal...more detail equals higher price per cookie.

For bakery cookies (chocolate chip, soft sugar, oatmeal, etc) I charge $2/4" cookie.

I also have a minimum order for most items so as not to have to mess up my kitchen for one cupcake or something icon_rolleyes.gif! Mini cupcakes: 2 dozen, standard cupcakes: 1 dozen, jumbo cupcakes: 1/2 dozen, and muffin tops: 1/2 dozen. For bakery cookies, the minimum is a dozen as well. I haven't had the need to put a minimum order on the decorated cookies however since most people going that route want more then just a couple anyhow

...now if I was a stand-alone bakery, I would offer everything individually, but alas, I am not (yet icon_cool.gif )! HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%