Classes Or Bakery Opportunities In Central Pa????

Decorating By polliwawg Updated 6 May 2008 , 1:46am by MegWinn

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know of any classes in central PA? I am looking to learn more on gumpaste flowers, not looking for wilton classes. I just moved to the area (from Alaska) and thought there would be tons of classes and schools in the area, and have not yet been able to locate any. Or maybe there is a bkery out there that needs some extra hands. My heart is in baking/cakes, and I just can't seem to be in the right place at the right time. (we move alot for the military)
ANY SUGGESTIONS??? Are any of the videos out there worth paying for?
I would appreciate any advice and/or ideas. I really just want to do what it is I love to do...bake and create, but need some help in moving on to the next level.
Thanks in advance

2 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 3

polliwawg,

Where are you? Nearest major town? I am in Lancaster and there is a place called House of Clarendon that is a tea room/bakery and they have AWESOME classes. I can't afford them at the moment, but they are definately highly rated!

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:46am
post #3 of 3

I have not had the time or patience to actually MAKE any flowers yet BUT if you belong to Netflix they have a 2 part instructional series called "Sugar Flower Art." It was great having the visual demo...I am very much a "just show me how do it!" kind of person. Heck of a lot cheaper than taking classes. Also, might be a great way to get a good intro BEFORE you take classes. Good Luck! -Meg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%